Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: driver retaining screws

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    driver retaining screws


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: driver retaining screws

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Found a Beyma 12LX60 on ebay cheap.
    The Beyma is a very nice speaker, matching it later might be an issue.

    Just as info- a friend who normally I respect claims to be using these as horn drivers, and that they work.

    Parts Express:Lanzar MAX12 12" Subwoofer 4 Ohm

    My first reaction is to recommend medication, but he says they work. I am trying to get over to hear them, but it's too damn cold here, especially with other issues going on.

    The specs are pretty good for what Fitzmaurice claims works in a Tuba, but I wonder about car stereo stuff.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: driver retaining screws

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    The Beyma is a very nice speaker, matching it later might be an issue.
    Yes, I noticed there isn't a huge number of Beyma pro gear on Ebay.... is seems to be mostly their car audio offerings.

    Just as info- a friend who normally I respect.......
    That line just cracks me up

    Parts Express:Lanzar MAX12 12" Subwoofer 4 Ohm

    My first reaction is to recommend medication, but he says they work. I am trying to get over to hear them, but it's too damn cold here, especially with other issues going on.

    The specs are pretty good for what Fitzmaurice claims works in a Tuba, but I wonder about car stereo stuff.
    Lanzar had a pretty good reputation when I was younger. I haven't paid any attention to car audio for quite some time, Though. I checked their website out, and didn't find much info on the company. That's a dirt cheap price ......less than $50. That's about what I'm paying for the Beyma...... new, but no box, and a dented dustcap.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member
    driver retaining screws


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: driver retaining screws

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    That's about what I'm paying for the Beyma...... new, but no box, and a dented dustcap.
    Wow- I would pull the trigger on the Beyma. I'd value a used LX-60 at $125. So you should be able to recover your investment without issue.

    Regarding the Lanzars, the car stereo guys seem to like them, Part Express customers rate them highly.

    There are some videos of them in action on U-tube, after viewing I don't doubt the 10mm Xmax...but till I can get a pair and verify specs I will stop short of actually recommending them...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: driver retaining screws

    For the record, once I got the 12" Beyma I found the mounting holes to be small enough that washers on the 10-32 screws worked just fine. The holes must be a bit smaller on the smaller driver.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.